This is the 2nd of 2 dynasty leagues that Paragon Fantasy Football is starting up in 2011. For those not familiar with Paragon, we are a set of leagues run not for profit, with 100% payout (less MFL hosting), all money held by leaguesafe (of course! - so no fraud), higher stakes leagues. We've got a great group of players, and only 4 spots open for this league. This is arguably our most ambitious league yet... a real challenge for players looking to take their game to the next level. This is a super deep league of 16 teams, so identifying talent early has never been more important. There are lots of great enhancements over a more simple league, so it's worth a thorough read of these summarized rules, then a read of our detailed rules on the Paragon website. Like anything... with "good" complexity comes greater enjoyment as there are more decisions and opportunities that result. Once you've tasted "full flavor" leagues, it's hard to go back to those simple, 12-14 team dynasty leagues that always seem to be searching for replacement players on these boards.
* 16 teams, individually named by each owner, organized into four divisions of four teams.
* 80 man rosters, 20 man taxi squad, IR, etc.
* 40 starters, balanced between offensive positions and defense for realism. Exciting new positions like Coach and Punter add additional depth and strategic complexity.
* The proven, balanced Paragon PPR scoring system.
* Initial creation of teams combines best elements of auction and draft:
o Auction 1 - $1000 budget for ebay-like acquisition of 20 offensive players.
o Auction 2 - $1000 budget for ebay-like acquisition of 20 defensive players.
o Draft - 40 round 3rd round reversal serpentine draft to acquire the remaining players for the roster.
o Annual rookie-only draft occurring soon after the NFL draft (initial draft 20 rounds, subsequent 8 rounds).
* Annual off season supplemental draft and blind bidding waivers.
* Sign players off opposing franchises’ practice squads for a price.
* No Salary Caps or contracts.
* Option to acquire college players for a significant price. Once you acquire any player you have the option to keep him for his entire NFL career.
* In order to allow for 16 teams yet 80 players and a slightly enhanced level of starters, there are two copies of each NFL player in the league although you can only own one copy of the player at any time. This adds many extra trading opportunities, strategy around drafts and an increased chance of rostering your favorite players.
* Large prize pools with 100% payouts less MFL league fees of $70/yr approx.
* Holdover of 25% of prize money years 1-4 in order to have double prizes (Super Pool Concept) every 5 years.
* Start this league with confidence that it will be around for many years to come.
* This league combines some of the most popular and “best” elements of the proven Paragon leagues, into a league that is extra deep and rewards the player that believes they can identify quality talent “before” it becomes well known to the rest of the fantasy world.
12 places in this league are filled, 4 remaining.
"Go Deep" Paragon Website page/Detailed Rules
2011 MFL league site
To join this league, first read these specific rules, then the common rules, on the Paragon Fantasy Football website. Then please use the contact us form on the site, and we will then send you a leaguesafe invoice. Upon full payment, the franchise is yours and we will send you login information.
If you want to learn more about our leagues, and what players say about us (I guarantee you'll recognise some names if you spend time on these boards), visit our testimonials first.
This is going to be an outstanding league. I'm sure many will read the above and wonder if it's too "unique" or "different". We can assure you the league will fill. We've filled 10 out of 16 spots in the last week alone. This league is by design different from the "plain vanilla" leagues you see dotting these forums. The combination of auction and draft, in particular, we think is an innovation that is a long-time coming in MFL sites. Two players makes does not make a league weird at all. Instead, it creates better trading opportunities, as no team can absolutely block access to a player, and so you can play teams off each other in trading. It's just extremely fun, and we know you'll love it.
We hope we will have the chance to play with you.
Brian and Chris
Co-Commissioners and Owners In Every Paragon League
Paragon Fantasy Football Leagues Commissioner